IPHC ANNOUNCES THE 2014 INTERIM MEETING, WITH A NEW FORMAT
The Commission is testing a new public format for this year’s Interim Meeting, scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday, 2-3 December. Previous meetings were held in the IPHC headquarters offices in Seattle and, although the meetings have been webcast, the available space limited outside attendance to a small number. This year’s Interim Meeting will be held at the Hotel Deca in Seattle, allowing the public to attend. The hotel is located at 4507 Brooklyn Avenue NE in Seattle, near the University of Washington campus.
All of the staff presentations and discussion will be open to public attendance. As in recent years, these public sessions will also be webcast for those unable to attend in person. The executive sessions and finance and administration sessions will not be open. The meeting agenda and webcast information will be posted at the IPHC website (http://iphc.int/meetings-and-events/interim-meeting.html). The webcast recordings and the meeting presentations will also be posted there following the meeting.
For those wishing to stay at the Hotel Deca, a block of rooms has been reserved at $109 (Deluxe Room) and $129 (Jr. Suite) for 1-4 December. Reservations for the Interim Meeting can be made by calling the Hotel Deca directly at (800) 899-0251 between 8 am and 7 pm Monday through Friday or 10 am and 4 pm on Saturday and Sunday. Reservations can also be faxed to (206) 545-2103 or emailed to
. To guarantee the group rate and room type please identify yourself as attending the IPHC Interim Meeting. The room block rates will be available until November 1, 2014. Reservations after this date may not be accepted at the group rate.
For online hotel registration:
- visit www.HotelDeca.com,
- go to the "Book Now" tab at the bottom of the screen
- under "Your Stay", click Edit and enter the appropriate information
- under "Optional Fields", enter group code: IPHC
- Members of the halibut community are invited to take the IPHC Communications survey at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/IPHC2014CS. Please complete the survey by December 31, 2014. Results will be presented at the Annual Meeting.
- Agenda, with links to associated documents that will be added as they become available.
For information from our previous meeting, please visit our Interim Meeting 2013 page.