Tyler Jack , M.Sc.
Setline Survey Specialist
Fishery-Independent Setline Survey
Under the direction of the Setline Survey Coordinator, the Setline Survey Specialist positions are responsible for services and support of the IPHC’s Fishery-Independent Setline Survey (FISS) and other IPHC research projects. The Setline Survey Specialists will act as the lead on one or more organizational services or FISS functions including, but not limited to, Fish Sales, Data Reconciliation, Bait, Gear, and Field Support. This position requires flexibility in completing work assignments, strong interpersonal skills, priority-setting skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of the IPHC Secretariat, as well as outside contacts and vendors.
- Setline Survey Specialist (Field), IPHC, Seattle, WA, 2017-2021
- At-Sea Fisheries Observer, Frank Orth & Associates, Long Beach, CA 2013-2021
- Biological Science Technician, U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Vancouver, WA, 2016
- At-Sea Fisheries Observer, TechSea International, Seattle, WA, 2013
- Research Assistant, El Colegio del Frontura Sur, Tapachula, CS, Mexico, 2012
- M.Sc., Biology, University of California San Diego, 2012
- B.Sc., Evolution, Ecology, & Behavior, University of California San Diego, 2010
- Jack-McCollough RT, Nieh JC. Honeybees tune excitatory and inhibitory recruitment signaling to resource value and predatory risk. Animal Behavior. 2015;110: 9-17