18 January 2019
95TH SESSION OF THE IPHC ANNUAL MEETING (AM095):
FINAL DRAFT AGENDA AND SCHEDULE
Please be reminded that the 95th Session of the IPHC Annual Meeting (AM095) will be held from Monday 28 January 2019 through Friday 1 February 2019, at the Fairmont Empress hotel in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
The final draft AM095 agenda and schedule (dated 18 January 2019), and all related documents are available on the IPHC website at the AM095 meeting page: https://www.iphc.int/venues/details/95th-session-of-the-iphc-annual-meeting-am095.
Fairmont Empress Reservations – Online Reservations
Victoria Accommodation Options – Tourism Victoria
IPHC Website functionality: Please also be reminded of the new functionality added to the IPHC website throughout 2018, which you may find useful in preparing for the 95th Session of the IPHC Annual Meeting (AM095):
- Mortality projection tool – use data from the 2018 stock assessment to create alternative catch projection tables
- Landings Report – data are updated twice monthly
- Fishery-Independent Setline Survey (FISS) data interactives:
- FISS Catch-Per-Unit-Effort (CPUE) – explore CPUE data and maps
- FISS Biologicals – explore length frequencies, weight and length at age, sex ratios, and other Pacific halibut biological data
- FISS Performance – explore information on effective stations, otolith sampling rates, and FISS timing and footprint
- FISS All Species Data – explore catch rates and location for all species encountered
- Fishery Regulations – includes the portal for submission of regulatory proposals and stakeholder statements. Please note that the deadline for regulatory proposals to be considered at the 95th Annual Meeting has passed, but stakeholder statements to the Commission may be submitted through 27 January 2019.
89th SESSION OF THE IPHC CONFERENCE BOARD (CB089) and
24th SESSION OF THE IPHC PROCESSOR ADVISORY BOARD (PAB024)
Please also be reminded that the 89th Session of the IPHC Conference Board (CB089) and the 24th Session of the IPHC Processor Advisory Board (PAB024) will be held on Tuesday and Wednesday, 29-30 January 2019, in parallel with the AM095 meeting.
The final draft CB089 agenda and related information can be found on the IPHC webpage at:
The final draft PAB024 agenda and related information can be found on the IPHC webpage at:
Due to the short notice nature of this notification, it is posted to our website only,
and no paper copy has been mailed out.
ONGOING SUBSCRIPTION TO IPHC NEWS RELEASES
Dear Reader: The IPHC is moving towards fully electronic information distribution. As such, if you would like to continue to receive IPHC news in the future, please click the following link to subscribe to electronic communications: https://www.iphc.int/media-news-subscription/. Hard copies of news releases and other bulletins will cease in early 2019.
– END –
David T. Wilson, Ph.D.
Executive Director, IPHC
Phone: (206) 634-1838
Fax: (206) 632-2983